- Serves: 8
- Complexity: medium
- 8 lb Brisket.
Tip: When picking out a brisket, bend the packed brisket in half.
If it folds in half easily, it is a good brisket.
- A pan that will fit the brisket
- Enough heavy-duty foil to double wrap the brisket
- 1 Bottle of Allegro Original Marinade
- 2 Medium-size onions, yellow or white (not sweet), thinly sliced
- 1/2 Head of garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- White pepper
- Put foil in pan, lining both width and length. (Use enough overlap so you can wrap over the top of your brisket before cooking.) Spread the slices of one onion on top of the foil. Do the same with 1/2 of the minced garlic, then sprinkle white pepper over all. Place the brisket on top of the onion mixture in the pan, with the side that doesn’t have so much fat facing down.
- Squeeze the juice of both lemons over the top of the brisket, then again spread slices of one onion on top of the foil. Do the same with 1/2 of the minced garlic.
Sprinkle the entire bottle of Allegro Original Marinade over the brisket.
Sprinkle more white pepper on the top of the brisket.
- Wrap the brisket with the overlapping heavy-duty foil. Place in fridge for 5 to 7 hours. Set oven to 250 degrees. Put the entire foil-wrapped brisket—marinade and all—into the oven. Cook for 5-7 hours. I like the 7-hour cooking best. Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.