Seared Allegro Swordfish
- Ready in: 45 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Complexity: medium
- 2 pieces of centercut swordfish 1/2 inch thick (6 oz)
- Allegro Vintage Soy & Lime Marinade
- 1 Tbsp chopped shallots or green onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 fresh cilantro sprigs
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Evenly coat swordfish with Allegro Vintage Soy & Lime Marinade and let set 30 minutes. Pat dry.
- Heat cast iron skillet on high setting. Place fish directly on pan. Cook approximately 1 to 2 minutes and turn (it will smoke and cook very fast--be careful not to overcook). Cook just until done and place on warm plate.
- In another small saucepan, place shallots, chopped cilantro, and wine. Reduce almost dry. Add cream and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning as necessary with salt and pepper.
- Top swordfish with sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.