Hickory Tournedos of Tuna
- Serves: 1
- Complexity: easy
- 4 yellow fin tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 8 tablespoons Allegro Hickory Smoke Marinade
- whole black peppercorns
- 4 round pieces of toast approximately 4 inches in diameter
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- Have fish market cut the 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick and 3 inches in diameter. They will resemble a filet of beef.
- Marinate each tuna steak 30-45 minutes.
- With the side of a heavy saucepan, crush peppercorns by rolling pan back and forth over them.
- Roll tuna steaks (sides only) in crushed pepper and broil uncoated sides in a criss-cross pattern on both sides. Cook only to medium rare, center should be slightly pink.
- Place on top of toast crouton and garnish with fresh sprig of thyme.