Beef Brisket--It's Easy!
- Ready in: 35-45 minutes/lb
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- For a healthier and more flavorful meal, we recommend that the fat layer on the brisket be trimmed (your butcher will probably do this for you).
- SHAKE BOTTLE WELL.
- Rinse brisket thoroughly. Place in a plastic zipper bag or suitable container.
- Pour in 1/3 cup GOLD BUCKLE BRISKET SAUCE per pound of meat. Cover or seal.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours, turning often to coat all surfaces.
- Reserve used sauce for basting during cooking only.
- REFRIGERATE after opening.
- Charcoal grill: Preheat grill until coals are white. Arrange coals so that the center is void of heated coals. Grill, covered, at least 45 min/lb or until done. Baste frequently, turning brisket during grilling to cook meat evenly.
- Gas grill (dbl burner): Preheat grill to medium heat. Turn off gas to one burner. Place brisket on nonheated side. Grill, covered, at least 45 min/lb. or until done. Baste frequently with GOLD BUCKLE BRISKET SAUCE, turning brisket during grilling to cook meat evenly.
- Oven: Preheat 225-275: Bake in a covered stewer for 35 min/lb. or until done, basting frequently with GOLD BUCKLE BRISKET SAUCE. Halfway through baking time, turn brisket to brown evenly.
- Smoker: Preheat smoker to medium heat. Place water pan over coals (If using a waer smoker, add 1/4 cup GOLD BUCKLE BRISKET SAUCE to water for extra flavor). Place brisket on lower rack and smoke 45 min/lb. or until done, adding coals as needed to maintain temperature.
- To Serve:Place brisket on clean cutting board to slice meat. Using a fluted carving knife, cut meat in thin slices across the grain of the meat at an angle. If desired, a serving sauce can be prepared as follows.